Gurumbé. Afro-Andalusian Memories
- Original Title
- Gurumbé. Canciones de tu Memoria Negra
- Rosales, Miguel Angel, director.
- Spanish, Portuguese.
- Spain : Intermedia Producciones, 2016.
- Physical Description
- HDD (62 min.)
- The commercial exploitation of the American colonies resulted in thousands of Africans being brought to Seville to be sold as slaves. Some were exported to the colonies and others stayed in the city. The latter form part of a population of Afro-Andalusians who, over time, manage to find a place in a society wrought with racial prejudices, whilst also dealing with their situation as slaves. Music and dance became part of their expression and the most important affirmation of their identity. Along with other marginalised communities such as the gypsies, moors and Andalusians on the cities’ peripheries, these people give shape to popular music and dance.
- Documentary films
- Title Translation
- Gurumbé. Afro-Andalusian Memories
|OSA Film Library||OSA Film Library||FL Record 4182||Audio Visual||Located on Verzio HDD #1 (M22-R17-S2-R3)|