Here We Drown Algerians - October 17th, 1961
- Original Title
- Ici on noieles Algériens, 17 octobre 1961
- Adi, Yasmina, director.
- France : Guichou, Blanche, 2011.
- Physical Description
- DVD-ROM (90 min.)
- On October 17, 1961, thousands of Algerians from Paris and its suburbs responded to the call of the National Liberation Front by marching in protest against the imposed curfew. Fifty years later, Yasmina Adi has taken on the painstaking task of unearthing the memories of the event along with a variety of documents: newspaper articles, radio and television reports, and previously unpublished photographs. The documents are put in perspective with actual eyewitness testimonies and accounts from the families of the missing. The records show overwhelming proof of the violence that costs the lives of many demonstrators whose bodies were gradually found, often thrown into the Seine, while many others were wounded, imprisoned, or sent to Algeria, exhausted, dirty and without their belongings. A powerful story which begins with denial and falls into oblivion.
- Documentary films
- Title Translation
- Here We Drown Algerians - October 17th, 1961
- Verzio Film Festival Submission
- Duration: 01:30:00
|DVD-ROM||OSA Film Library||OSA Film Library||FL Record 2776||-||-||-|