Central Asia : a century of Russian rule
- Allworth, Edward, ed.
- New York : Columbia University Press, 1967.
- Physical Description
- xiv, 552 p. : ill., maps, music, ports. ; 25 cm.
- Carrère d'Encausse, Hélène.
- Asia, Central.
- edited by Edward Allworth ; contributors: Edward Allworth [and others].
- Encounter, by E. Allworth.--People, languages, and migrations, by K.H. Menges.--The population and the land, by I.M. Matley.--Systematic conquest, 1865 to 1884, by H. Carrère d'Encausse.--Organizing and colonizing the conquered territories, by H. Carrère d'Encausse.--The stirring of national feeling, by H. Carrère d'Encausse.--Social and political reform, by H. Carrère d'Encausse.--The fall of the Czarist Empire, by H. Carrère d'Encausse.--Civil war and new governments, by H. Carrère d'Encausse.--The national republics lose their independence, by H. Carrère d'Encausse.-- Agricultural development, by I.M. Matley.--Industrialization, by I.M. Matley.--The changing intellectual and literary community, by E. Allworth.--The focus of literature, by E. Allworth.--Musical tradition and innovation, by J. Spector.--Modernizing architecture, art, and town plans, by A. Sprague.
- Library Special Collection
- HU OSA 300 - RFE/RL collection
|Book||OSA Archivum Library||Reference collection||958 ALL||Reference||-|
Browse related items