- Original Title
- Schlafende Monster
- Schmidt, Markus C.M., director.
- English, Swahili, Kinyarwanda.
- Germany : Blue Film, 2007.
- Physical Description
- DVD-ROM (92 min.)
- Canadian UN-demobilization officer Eric Besner is sent to convince the Rwandan Hutu militias to return to a civil existence in their homeland. An almost impossible task, as the Hutu still fear the vengeance of the Tutsi should they return to Rwanda. But can the Hutu-fighters be collectively accused of genocide? Is the UN able to end the conflict, without coming to terms with the past? The filmmakers follow Eric Besner on his delicate mission and talk to people involved in the conflict. Bernard Kalume, the singer in a famous Rwandan band who barely escaped the genocide - is confronted with the Hutu-combatants in his role as an UN-Interpreter. Blue helmet General Shujaat sees little chance of success as long as the mineral smuggling from the conflict area yields enormous profits for the Tutsi Regime in Rwanda. Congolese priest Abbé Masumbuku is desperate and helpless - he can only document the continuing crimes in the Walungu-Area against Congolese civilians.
- Documentary films
- Title Translation
- Sleeping Monsters
- Verzio Film Festival Submission
|DVD-ROM||OSA Film Library||OSA Film Library||FL Record 1832||-||-||-|