26.04.86 A Spring in the Memory
- Original Title
- 26.04.86: Una primavera en la memoria
- Dos Santos Pereira, Ariane, director.
- Cuba : The International School of Film and Television, 2004.
- Physical Description
- VHS (21 min.)
- A story about the medical facility on the island of Tarara where Ukrainian children, victims of the Chernobyl nuclear accident, come to undergo treatment for various rare diseases. The Cuban and Ukrainian governments signed a special agreement prescribing this connection so vital for curing the children depicted by the film. The films tells the story of Celia, mother of one the children under treatment, who has already settled in Cuba, finding a new home, being one of the first parents to bring their children to the island. The documentary also includes archival footage from the site of the Chernobyl disaster.
- Documentary films
- Title Translation
- 26.04.86 A Spring in the Memory
|VHS||OSA Film Library||OSA Film Library||FL Record 0916||-||-|