HU OSA 386-2 Forensic Assistance Project
- Reference code
- HU OSA 386-2
- Forensic Assistance Project
- 1997 - 1999
- Description level
- Extent and medium (processed)
- 17 Archival box, 2.13 linear meters
Content and structure
- Scope and Content (Abstract)
- The Forensic Assistance Project (FAP) was implemented by the PHR to assist the various entities in the Bosnian Federation involved in the exhumation of mass graves, and in the conducting of autopsies on human remains exhumed from these graves. The PHR, through the FAP, provided expertise and technical assistance to ensure that the entities carried out their work in a thorough and professional manner.
While the Antemortem Database Project (AMDB) and the Identification Project (IP) were concerned primarily with remains recovered from sites connected to the Srebrenica Massacre of July 1995, the FAP was concerned with mass grave sites located all throughout the Bosnian Federation. In all, the FAP assisted in the exhumation and autopsy of thousands of human remains from hundreds of mass grave sites across Bosnia.
There are four series within the sub-fonds of the FAP: Administrative Files covering the general administrative work of the project, forensic facilities and correspondence, Findings Reports which detailed the exhumation and autopsy process and included photographs, Consultation Reports which is what Findings Reports are known as in 1999, and Recovery Documentation Reports which are copies of the Consultation Reports.
Conditions of access and use
- Conditions governing access
- Bosnian, Croatian, English