HU OSA 364-2 Archival sources and research material
- Reference code
- HU OSA 364-2
- Archival sources and research material
- 1890 - 2017
- Description level
- Name of creator(s)
- Nóvé, Béla
Content and structure
- Scope and Content (Abstract)
- The sub-fonds contains reproductions but also some original private and corporate, digital and paper-based archival materials relating to the more than 4,000 Hungarians who joined the French Foreign Legion (FFL) following 1945 and 1956.
- Scope and Content (Narrative)
- The collection includes letters, diaries, memoirs and photographs; just as highly confidential documents of the French military and Hungarian counter intelligence services. In addition, there are some paper clippings, trial documents, agent reports, and propaganda material from Communist Hungary.
Besides the archival photographs, films and newsreels about Hungary 1956, and the refugees to the West, the Algerian war of 1954-1962, and the later missions of FFL, of special interest are the unique photos and copies of manuscripts and other personal records from the private archives of former FFL legionnaires.
In addition to the digital records, there are paper prints in five archival boxes – manuscripts and photocopies of personal and official documents –, altogether in forty folders, with detailed index and annotations attached to each.
Conditions of access and use
- Conditions governing access
- Not restricted
- English, French, German, Hungarian