HU OSA 298-3 Free Europe Press
- Reference code
- HU OSA 298-3
- Free Europe Press
- 1951 - 1972
- Description level
- Extent and medium (processed)
- 29 Archival box, 3.63 linear meters
- Archival history
- The materials were donated to OSA as part of the collection on RFE/RL Research Institute. During the processing work in 1990s they were assigned to “300-8 subfonds: Records of Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty Research Institute: Publication Department.”
This subfonds is part of an effort to segregate the reports and journals produced by the Free Europe Committee, Inc., from the materials gathered by the RFE.
Content and structure
- Scope and Content (Abstract)
- This subfond consists of two types of series, Reports and East Europe Publications.
Until March 1954, the reports and the publications were issued by the National Committees for a Free Europe (NCFE), the predecessor of the Free Europe Committee, Inc (FEC), and Free Europe Press (FEP).
While the reports are produced in national languages, the publications are in English and German and were open to subscription.
- Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information
Conditions of access and use
- Conditions governing access
- Special restrictions apply only on Administrative Files
- Conditions governing reproduction
- Ownership of and financial copyrights to the reports belong to RFE/RL, Inc. Reprinted with the permission of Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, 1201 Connecticut Ave., N.W., Washington, DC 20036, USA. Users of RFE/RL content cannot alter the meaning, name or integrity of the content. RFE/RL reserves the right to revoke permission for use of its content at any time. The sale of RFE/RL content is strictly prohibited.
- Bulgarian, Croatian, English, German, Hungarian, Serbian, Slovenian
- Physical characteristics and technical requirements
- The materials are in good physical condition.