HU OSA 124 Records of the Forced Migration Projects
- Reference code
- HU OSA 124
- Records of the Forced Migration Projects
- 1983 - 1999
- Description level
- Extent and medium (estimated)
- 10.5 linear meters (84 archival boxes)
- Extent and medium (processed)
- 83 Archival box, 10.38 linear meters
- Name of creator(s)
- Forced Migration Projects
Content and structure
- Scope and Content (Abstract)
- Founded in 1994 the Forced Migration Projects (FMP) program at Open Society Institute-New York in its activities promoted an open society and the rule of law by encouraging state responsibility and respect for the human rights of refugees and displaced persons. FMP mainly focused its activities towards the former Soviet Union countires, former Yugoslavia, the Ameriacs and some other regions where they had different projects and missions.
The fonds includes different types of materials (both textual and electronic records) related to the activities of the Forced Migration Projects (FMP) in the period from 1994-1999. It contains administrative files, correspondence, different project papers, series of special reports, both thematic and periodical publications such as yearly magazine Forced Migration Monitor, and electronic bulletin FM Alert.
The bulk of the information about FMP activities towards its mission was posted online at the FMP webpage http://www2.soros.org/fmp2/html/about_fmp.html
Materials within the fonds deal with the problems of refugee protection, asylum, problems of forced migration over the world and in particular countries.
Conditions of access and use
- Conditions governing access
- Albanian, Bosnian, Croatian, English, French, German, Macedonian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish; Castilian