Human rights : a basic handbook for UN staff
- United Nations
- Physical Description
- 116 p. : ill. ; 21 cm.
- United Nations. Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights.
- United Nations Staff College.
- This handbook has been developed to assist United Nations colleagues understand and appreciate the human rights system within the context of the United Nations Organization. The following chapters provide an overview of human rights instruments and developments; the role of United Nations organs in protecting human rights; the international mechanisms which have evolved to monitor implementation of rights and process complaints; strategies engaged to promote and protect human rights within the United Nations; and the role of [the High Commissioner for Human Rights] and other United Nations partners.
- United Nations.
- Human rights > International cooperation.
- Human rights.
- Library Special Collection
- HU OSA 318 - Donation of the International Helsinki Federation for Human Rights
- Available in another form
- Human rights. [Geneva, Switzerland] : United Nations, [2002?] (OCoLC)55198283
|Book||OSA Archivum Library||Human Rights (IHF) Collection||341.4/81 HUM||General Stacks||-|
Browse related items