Sexuality and German fascism
- New York : Berghahn Books, 2005.
- Physical Description
- vi, 352 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Herzog, Dagmar, 1961-
- National socialism and sex > Germany.
- National socialism and women > Germany.
- National socialism and homosexuality > Germany.
- edited by Dagmar Herzog.
- "Previously published as a special issue of the Journal of the History of Sexuality, Vol. 11, Nos. 1 and 2"--T.p. verso.
- 1. Hubris and hypocrisy, incitement and disavowal: sexuality and German fascism / Dagmar Herzog -- 2. Sexuality and Nazism: the doubly unspeakable? / Elizabeth D. Heineman -- 3. Backlash against prostitutes' rights: origins and dynamics of Nazi prostitution policies -- 4. Homophobic propaganda and the denunciation of same-sex-desiring men under national socialism / Stefan Micheler -- 5. Telling sexual stories in the Nazi courts of law: race defilement in Germany, 1933 to 1945 / Patricia Szobar -- 6. Fascism and the female form: performance art in the Third Reich / Terri J. Gordon -- 7. Forbidden company: romantic relationships between Germans and foreigners, 1939 to 1945 / Birthe Kundrus -- 8. Sex with a purpose: prostitution, veneral disease, and militarized masculinity in the Third Reich / Anette F. Timm -- 9. The denial of homosexuality: same-sex incidents in Himmler's SS and police / Geoffrey J. Giles -- 10. Victims, villains, and survivors: gendered perceptions and self-perceptions of Jewish displaced persons in occupied postwar Germany / Atina Grossmann -- 11. The pink triangle and political consciousness; gays, lesbians, and the memory of Nazi persecution / Erik N. Jensen.
- Library Special Collection
- The Roger Griffin ComFas Collection
- Related Work
- Journal of the history of sexuality.
|Book||OSA Archivum Library||General collection||306.7/0943/09043 HER||General Stacks||-|
Browse related items