Hot Wind (Episode 06) - The Apartment
- Original Title
- Vruć vetar (Epizoda 06) - Stan
- Đorđević, Aleksandar, director.
- Yugoslavia : RTV Beograd, 1980.
- Physical Description
- DVD-ROM (52 min.)
- Digital ver. identifier
- Focusing on Šurda’s quest for his own apartment, the sixth episode is an ironic commentary on the hardships of house-hunting in late communist Yugoslavia. Five apartments are about to be distributed in Šurda’s firm and the chosen beneficiaries are announced to the worker’s council. Under pressure from his relatives, who now include his new-born son, Šurda files his claim. He admits that he has not been an ideal employee, but blames it all on his appalling living conditions. When the committee is starts to evaluate his claim, comic maneuvering begins. In order to climb up the list of those eligible for an apartment, Šurda invites Bob to move in with them and enlarges his household to six members. Even so, it is not until they completely demolish the house that Šurda scores sufficient points to secure him the last place on the list. Celebrations begin and Šurda’s family prepare to move in, but the decision is not yet officially signed and at the last moment Šurda is told that his apartment will be given to an expert whom the firm needs in order to become productive. When the expert comes to look at the apartment but is not satisfied, Šurda finally moves in, along with his wife, son, uncle Firga, grandmother and Bob.
- Title Translation
- Hot Wind (Episode 06) - The Apartment
|DVD-ROM||OSA Film Library||FL Record 0581c||Available||-|
|Digital film||OSA Film Library||FL Record 0581c|
|Available||Access Copy, MP4 format|