Director of News Gene Mater in the News Room on the Day of Assassination of President Kennedy
- Call No.:
- Part of series
- HU OSA 300-1-8 Records of Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty Research Institute: General Records: Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty Public Affairs Photographic Files
- Located at
- Archival photo storage box #1 / No. 59
- Digital ver. identifier
- HU OSA 300-1-8_001-059
- Legacy ID
- Primary Type
- Still image
- The black and white prints of RFE/RL were donated to OSA by the Hoover Institute, California in year 2015. The images are duplicates of those held at Hoover. The originals, and most probably the negatives are with the donor as well. OSA only received the paper prints with captions, and digitized the entire collection in year 2018.
- Contents Summary
- Gene Mater, Director of News, reads an incoming bulletin on early developments in Dallas, following President Kennedy's assassination. Mater is standing, bending over the fax machine. On the left, part of the back of a man, wearing a hat and holding his overcoat on his arm. In the background a few more men are working. Everyone wears office clothes. The clock on the wall reads 32 minutes past 4. Cf. HU OSA 300-1-8:1/58.
Radio Free Europe, 1 English Garden, Munich, West Germany, Phone 22-99-21, Gene Mater, director of news, reads an incoming bulletin on early developments in Dallas, following President Kennedy's assassination. Public Affairs Department. 22 November 1963.
- Associated Names
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (Copyright holder)
- Associated Places
Subject / Coverage
- Spatial Coverage
- Collection Specific Tags
- assassination of Kennedy, clock, Cold War, man, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty