HU OSA 298-1 President's Office
- Reference Code
- HU OSA 298-1
- President's Office
- 1956 - 1972
- Description Level
Content and Structure
- Scope and Content (Abstract)
- The majority of the materials represented in this subfonds is the correspondence of the FEC Presidents from the period of 1956 up to 1972. It includes chronological files from FEC Presidents; John Page, John Richardson, C. Rodney Smith, Keith Kinyon, and Thomas Brown. It also contains telex chronological files, primarily from the 1960's; Judane letters; the records from the Executive Committee; and cipher messages (also described as cryptos) from 1953 up to 1970. This subfonds also contains Director's Office messages from 1970-72.
The President's Office was one of the most important institutions within the Free Europe Committee structure. It consists of the President, the Vice-President, the Secretary, the Treasurer and the Assistant Treasurer. The president of the FEC executed the decisions of the Executive Committee and supervised the implementation on the existing (4) Divisions and Offices (2). The President's office thus synchronized and coordinated instructions in line with the politics generally accepted by the FEC Board (Executive Committee).
- Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information
- No destruction took place
Conditions of Access and Use
- Conditions governing access
- Special restrctions apply ony on Administartive Files.
- Conditions governing reproduction
- Ownership of and financial copyrights to the reports belong to RFE/RL, Inc. Reprinted with the permission of Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, 1201 Connecticut Ave., N.W., Washington, DC 20036, USA. Users of RFE/RL content cannot alter the meaning, name or integrity of the content. RFE/RL reserves the right to revoke permission for use of its content at any time. The sale of RFE/RL content is strictly prohibited.
- Physical characteristics and technical requirements
- The President's Office subfonds consists of 28 reels of digitized materials and 101 reels of Encrypted Telex communication between FEC New York and RFE Munich.
- Archivist's note
- Described by Robert Parnica, October 30, 2015.